I had been asked for an Arroz con Camarones recipes not that long ago. I looked through all my videos and realized you know what? I don’t have one out and I thought I did! Now this is my easy version of the dish. Lol I know a lot of people are traditionalists when it comes ot Puerto Rican cooking and I am not proclaiming this is what my Dad brought when he moved from the island lol. I have made this a simple great little dinner recipe cause you know.. I like easy yea LMAO. So anyway if you want to dip your toes into the water of Puerto Rican cooking this is perfect it is a more Americanized version of a classic PR dish I know you guys will love, so go ahead give it a try I know you will end up adding this into your dinner rotation lol.
Don’t forget if you like my recipes to like share and subscribe! Thanks!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Average Guy Gourmet for new recipes every other day by clicking here.
Follow me on Twitter for tons of updates
Go ahead and like my Facebook book page.
Check out my Instagram for tons of photos of recipes BEFORE they come out so you can keep an out for the ones you like!
You know you would look great in an Average Guy Gourmet shirt or hat =) Go ahead check them out here!
- 1 lb. Shrimp
- 1 Cup Rice, Uncooked
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Peas
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 2 Tomatoes, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- Season Shrimp with Salt, Pepper, and Cumin. Toss and let Stand for at least 35-45 Minutes
- In small pot bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add Shrimp in and allow to cook for 3 Minutes. Remove shrimp from the water pat dry and set aside. Keep that water as we will use it later.
- In a medium pan heat Olive Oil, add rice and all it to fry for several minutes. Add the water you retained from the shrimp bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low cover and allow to simmer until water is completely absorbed.
- In a separate pan, melt butter and sauté garlic and shrimp. After about 2 minutes add in your chopped tomatoes, onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add white wine and allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Combine Rice, with Shrimp mixture cook until rice begins to dry, about 5 minutes. Add in peas and cook until heated thoroughly.
- Salt and Pepper to taste and serve.