I have been doing Egg Rolls on and off for a little while and have been holding off on this one. This is a little more classic style Egg Roll but also one of my favorite Egg Rolls of all time! Sweet and Sour Chicken Egg Rolls! OMG I love Sweet and Sour Chicken, it is one of my all time favorites period hands down. It doesn’t matter the cuisine or style of food it has to rank at the top of my must have recipes. Ok enough of me going on and on about how I love this recipe lol. This is an easy appetizer that will totally kill it when put out in front of any one you make it for. The sauce for this one too.. that Sweet and Sour sauce is so perfect. It makes a great dipping sauce. So go ahead give this one a try I know you guys will totally fall in love with it just like I did!
Don’t forget if you like my recipes to like share and subscribe! Thanks!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Average Guy Gourmet for new recipes every other day by clicking here.
Want exclusive content and early access to recipes and cook books? Head to Patreon!
Follow me on Twitter for tons of updates
Go ahead and like my Facebook book page.
Check out my Instagram for tons of photos of recipes BEFORE they come out so you can keep an out for the ones you like!
You know you would look great in an Average Guy Gourmet shirt or hat =) Go ahead check them out here!
- 1 Pckg. Egg Roll Wrappers
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast, Thinly Cut
- 1/2 Onion, Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Pckg. Stir Fry Vegetables (Snow Peas, Carrots, Broccoli, Bean Sprouts)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Cored and Chopped
- 1 Cup Pine Apple Chunks
- 1/4 Cup Pine Apple Juice
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tsp. Corn Starch
- Whisk together Pineapple juice, Red Wine Vinegar, Ketchup, Soy Sauce, Salt, Ginger, Sriracha and Corn Starch. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until slightly thickened.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add chicken and onions and cook until chicken is mostly cooked through. Add vegetables and pineapple and stir fry over medium-high heat until vegetables are crisp-tender and chicken is cooked through, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup Sweet and Sour Sauce and mix to combine.
- Add chicken/vegetables to your food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Place 1/4 cup filling centered in the bottom third of the wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling then continue to roll up, firmly folding sides toward center over filling as you roll. Moisten top corner with water and press firmly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat Oil to 350 degrees. Fry egg rolls until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.