So this weekend is the Royal Rumble and next weekend is the Superbowl so I HAVE to put out some recipes worthy of these two giant events. I mean it’s time for a couple of great get togethers so you have to be ready with the food! This Meatball Pie is the PERFECT thing to serve at something like this. It is a big hearty dish that will KILL it! I mean seriously one slice of this is the perfect cap for any appetizers you may have set out. I can’t tell you enough how much I enjoy this one. I could go on and on and gush about how awesome it is but seriously I am just going to tell you, you NEED to try this one you will totally love it!
Don’t forget if you like my recipes to like share and subscribe! Thanks!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Average Guy Gourmet for new recipes every other day by clicking here.
Want exclusive content and early access to recipes and cook books? Head to Patreon!
Follow me on Twitter for tons of updates
Go ahead and like my Facebook book page.
Check out my Instagram for tons of photos of recipes BEFORE they come out so you can keep an out for the ones you like!
You know you would look great in an Average Guy Gourmet shirt or hat =) Go ahead check them out here!
- 2 Pizza Doughs
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 8 Garlic Cloves, Minced & Divided
- 3 Cups Tomato Puree
- 1 Tbsp. Basil
- 1 Tbsp. Oregano
- 12 oz. Tomato Paste
- 1 lb. Mozzarella, Sliced
- 2 lb. Meatballs
- 2-1/2 Cups Onions, Sliced
- 3 Cups Red Bell Poppers, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray the inside of a springform pan with cooking spray and lay in one of the Pizza doughs. Press the dough into the corners.
- Sprinkle the olive oil, 2 cloves of the minced garlic, salt, and pepper on the dough and brush to cover the surface. Press the bottom of the dough with a fork.
- Bake until the dough is cooked and lightly golden brown, 15 minutes.
- Mix together the tomato puree, dried basil, 4 cloves of minced garlic, dried oregano, and tomato paste in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Into the partially cooked bottom layer of pizza dough, shingle a layer of mozzarella slices and then a layer of the homemade marinara sauce.
- Spiral the meatballs in the dish as tightly as possible. Cover with more marinara sauce.
- Add a layer of caramelized onions, and more sliced mozzarella.
- Add sauteed bell peppers, top with 2nd pizza dough and vent top.
- Brush with 2 Tbsp. more of Butter, 2 cloves minced garlic, and salt.
- Bake for 40 minutes to an hour, or until the dough on top is browned and the sauce, meatballs, and cheese are heated through.