We are creeping ever closer to Valentine’s Day!! Less than a week away now. Hopefully you already have your plans all laid out for her. If not I have a really easy little recipe to make it up that you aren’t headed out for the night lol. These Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies are simply to die for! Honestly I put these as a Valentine’s Day recipe but these are an amazing little dessert perfect for any time of year. This is a super indulgent recipe with an amazingly rich flavor and yet aren’t very hard to make. So go ahead give these a try I know you guys and gals will LOVE them!
Don’t forget if you like my recipes to like share and subscribe! Thanks!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Average Guy Gourmet for new recipes every other day by clicking here.
Want exclusive content and early access to recipes and cook books? Head to Patreon!
Follow me on Twitter for tons of updates
Go ahead and like my Facebook book page.
Check out my Instagram for tons of photos of recipes BEFORE they come out so you can keep an out for the ones you like!
You know you would look great in an Average Guy Gourmet shirt or hat =) Go ahead check them out here!
- 1-1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips, Divided
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 3 Eggs
- 1-1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Strawberries, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a heatproof bowl set over a pan of almost simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth Whisk in the cocoa. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl until combined, about 30 seconds. Whisk the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, then stir in the flour with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, spread into the corners and level with a offset spatula. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- When the brownies are completely cooled, spread the strawberries evenly over the brownies. Melt the chocolate chips and shortening together in microwave at 50% power level . Pour evenly over the strawberries. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut and Serve!!!